Target Investment Criteria:
Valero targets small to mid market companies in industrial technology markets where we have significant industry experience and a strong network of prospective operating executives or board of director candidates. We only invest in companies where we have market experience and are confident we can add value. Our typical sources of investment opportunities include:
- Divisions of larger companies that are no longer core to the parent’s strategy and may have not received adequate resources and/or management attention.
- Owner managed companies where there is a desire for liquidity… and often interest in co-investing a portion of their proceeds in new business alongside of Valero.
- Established, entrepreneurial companies where the managers seek active partners to help them grow to the next level.
The following profile outlines the characteristics of well established companies where we seek to make investments.
- Stable, recurring revenue of $4 million to $30 million
- EBITDA of $500,000 to $3 million
- Proven, unique products that may not have been fully exploited
- Market leadership in a focused niche with strong customer relationships
- Growth opportunities through new customer relationships, new distribution channels and/or expansion into new markets.
- Strong functional management with in-depth domain knowledge.
If you have an investment opportunity that fits our profile, please send an overview of this opportunity to email@example.com