Valero Capital Partners announces initial close on 2nd Fund –Valero Capital Partners II, L.P.
October 9, 2014
For Immediate Release
Lowell, MA., Valero Capital Partners today announced the completion of the initial close of its second fund, Valero Capital Partners II, L.P. Valero Capital Partners II is a private equity fund focused on delivering premium returns to its investors through the acquisition of small to mid-market industrial technology companies where our General Partners add significant value with their unique blend of strategic, operational, financial and business development skills.
Valero seeks to acquire controlling interest in owner-operated companies or divestitures of divisions of larger companies that have unique products in niche markets but have not realized their full growth potential due to capital limitations or conservative management. Valero will also consider minority growth investments if there is strong alignment with majority shareholders regarding strategy, investment and time to liquidity.
Valero targets investments in companies that market sensors, devices, controls, instruments, automation, software and related products into following industries:
- Industrial automation, controls and software
- Laboratory and life science automation, controls and software
- Enterprise software – especially related to the manufacturing process
- Industrial capital equipment
- Energy and alternative energy instrumentation controls and components
- Test and measurement instrumentation and devices
- Medical devices
- Defense and Homeland Security
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
The target profile of companies in which the Fund seeks to invest is as follows:
- Existing revenues of $4 million to $50 million
- EBITDA of $0.5M – $3M
- Unique products, technology and IP in a niche market
- Strong functional management team with excellent domain knowledge
- Positive customer relationships
- Opportunities to grow revenue through new customer relationships, new distribution channels and/or expansion into new markets
Valero works closely with portfolio management teams to significantly increase the value of all acquired companies by developing a clear and focused strategy, aggressively pursuing new revenue opportunities, implementing financial and operational disciplines, adding top quality personnel to the management team and board, and growing through acquisition, if appropriate.
About Valero Capital Partners
Valero Capital Partners is a private equity investment firm focused on buyouts, recapitalizations and growth equity investments in small to mid-market industrial technology firms. Valero’s Managing Partners have a wealth of experience in our target markets as both operating executives — growing businesses from start-up to over $100 million in revenues — and as private equity investors. We understand the challenges and opportunities our management teams face because we have managed similar companies, seen similar problems and capitalized on similar For more information about Valero Capital Partners, please visit
www.valerocapital.com or contact: